October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

This is Michael's first Halloween. The last of his first holidays since he'll be one much too soon and so of course I had a "vision" of what it would be like.

Vision A -
My husband and I trick or treating with Michael and his cousins in Philadelphia. Family and friends would all oo and ah at his adorableness.
Then DH got accepted into OCS so he wouldn't be able to go to Philly with us and I needed to go to the Netherlands for a business trip. Which leads me too...

Vision B -
I would take Michael trick or treating with his cousins in Philadelphia. People would oo and ah, I'd put Michael to bed and then get on a plane to the Netherlands. He'd spend the week in Philadelphia with my Mom while I was on travel.
Then Michael got RSV, and a double ear infection and nearly went to hospital which led me to decide to cancel my trip and our visit to Philadelphia. So....

Vision C -
Michael and I stay home. We wear our Halloween finery, dress up the dogs and hand out candy to dozens of trick or treaters.
Except there were no trick or treaters and Michael's temperature went up and he went to bed early.

So Michael's first Halloween was basically him walking around the apartment in his costume for an hour. I'm hoping that we'll be able to re-celebrate Halloween next weekend with his Dad. And that I don't eat all 80 pieces of candy I bought before next weekend.

And for your viewing pleasure...

Nemo and his Dasani















Frank, the angry sea turtle















Bailey, as a squirrel















And some big hugs at the end of the night (blurry, but just had to share)...

1 comment:

  1. Poor Michael, poor Mommy, and poor poor poor Frank & Bailey! Everyone looked really cute though. :)

    ReplyDelete