I wanted to talk about my baby turning 11 months old in this post, but as I look at the picture to my left I see someone who is much more boy than baby these days. I couldn't tell you the last time I saw this boy crawl and he's quickly working himself up to a run. He's still not talking but he is mimicking my tone of voice when I talk, which can be a bad thing when I am yelling at people in the parking lot!My boy and I continue to face the world as a dynamic duo these days while the Hubs continues his training at OCS. He is a handful to say the least and I miss the days of laying him on his belly and being able to turn my back and know he would still be there when I turned around. But I love watching him grow and learn. He has an independent streak that scares and delights me at the same time. You would never describe him as a Momma's boy, but in those quiet moment reading his bedtime story and rocking him at night the love we have for each other is almost tangible.
So while I have my moments where the final days of his babyhood make me sad, I am so overwhelmed by all that the future holds. I can't wait to see what comes next.
WOW! He has gotten so, so big. What a cutie!
ReplyDelete