January 18, 2010

Rules of Engagement

I spent a large part of the weekend helping the hubs study for an exam he has tomorrow.  One of the topics was Rules of Engagement, or ROEs, while in combat.  Basically they are a set of rules or guidelines set forth by some higher authority that dictate the actions and reactions of forces in a combat zone.

After this weekend, I am finding myself wishing more and more that someone would step in and put forth some ROEs for our marriage.  It's been a struggle recently to figure out what my new role is.  I am straddling the line between working mom and stay at home mom while also stepping in a new role as a full time military wife.  A lot of changes, in a rather short period of time and I'm left wondering what the hell happened and what I am supposed to do next.

Until I get that figured out, there are going to be some growing pains as we re-negotiate who does what and when.  The best part is that once we get it figured out, I know its all going to change again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment