Collective gasp of shock...ok, are we all done? Good.
We weren't exactly trying, but we weren't not trying either. We were part of that normal segment of the population who just goes out and gets pregnant. It was nice while it lasted, which was all of about 3 or 4 days until the next test turned up negative and I started my second early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy. We are sad, disappointed but at least for me not entirely surprised. Even as I was staring at the test, I just knew that this wasn't going to end well. Damn woman's intuition.
The hubs is taking this hard and that makes this hard. He wanted to TTC again right away but I convinced him to wait until January because I want him to focus on completing OCS and not the state of my uterus. Of course, this gives him time to plan and allowing a Marine to put together a plan of attack is a dangerous thing; I just got another text message adding yet another thing to my TTC-preparation check list. For future reference, telling my husband to check out The Bump was probably a bad idea if I wanted a relaxed approach TTC our second child.
So I still owe you all a bigger update, but while I am doing well tonight (well minus the drinking wine out of the bottle thing) I know that there is bound to be a dark day or two ahead and I think you should have the context before I start blubbering about some missed milestone or another.
Oh Erin...I love you, and I'm so sorry for the person that will always be missing from your dining room table....but never your heart. Hang in there, sweetie, and know that I'm here.
ReplyDeleteOh, honey. That sucks. I am so sorry. Planned or not, light or dark line, ready or waiting . . . seeing those two lines just does something to a woman. Especially women like ourselves. I'm here for you, too, whenever you need me (and even when you don't).
ReplyDeleteErin, I am so very sorry for your loss. That just absolutely sucks. Going through one miscarriage is awful, and having more than that is just not fair at all. I'll be thinking of you. xoxo
ReplyDelete