July 22, 2009

Just in case

I'm heading out of town this weekend to visit my family with the baby and packing for a weekend requires the following:

  • Sheets and blankets for the pack and play.  And an extra set, just in case.
  • An outfit for everyday.  And an extra outfit for everyday, just in case.
  • A long sleeve, long pant outfit.  Just in case it gets cold.
  • A sleeveless creeper.  Just in case it gets really hot.
  • A sweater.  Just in case it gets chilly, but not cold enough for the long sleeve, long pant outfit.
  • Footie jammies.  And an extra pair, just in case.
  • A onesie.  Just in case its to warm for the footie jammies.
  • Another onesie.  Just in case something happens to the first one.
  • Tylenol, Motrin, Mylicon, nail clippers, a thermometer, boogie sucker and two kinds of diaper rash cream.  Just in case.
Notice a theme here?  Just in case.  Everything I do these days involves planning for the just in case.  I can't go to the grocery store without planning for the just in case scenarios - What if the car breaks down?  What if Michael has a blowout in the store?  What if we are caught in an overnight hostage situation?  

Ok, maybe that last one is a stretch, but seriously what do people do when they are held hostage with a baby?  

I thought I would be the fun, impulsive Mom who would wake up and conquer the world each morning with my baby in my arms.  And I am trying, its just that I need to add a diaper bag, a small rolling suitcase and a cooler to that image.  Just in case.

1 comment:

  1. JUST IN CASE you get so busy packing . . . don't forget the baby.

    ReplyDelete