So I haven't blogged since April. Yeah. Awesome.
I have a laundry list of excuses. I spent the first two weeks of May on a business trip, then I was focusing on the transition with my replacement and trying to wrap up some big projects before I left. Then there was that little nervous breakdown over being unemployed. And now I'm consulting and trying to do the single mom thing so that's been interesting. So yeah, those are my excuses and I am sticking to them.
So what's happened since April?
1. Baby #2 has continued to grow and do whatever it is that babies do when they are in utero (isn't that kind of a weird term?). I'll be 24 weeks on Saturday. The heart thing? Gone. Not entirely but gone enough that I don't need to regularly follow up with a cardiologist anymore.
2. The Hubs was assigned his MOS as an infantry officer and graduated from TBS. He did really well and we are ridiculously and probably more than a little annoyingly proud of him. Seriously, if you are interested in clawing your own eyes out give me a call and I'll tell you all about it.
3. I quit my job. Technically, I quit in February but my last official day was in June and just recently I started doing some consulting work in support of my replacement. It's part time, I have a college student come in to watch Michael while I work and it allows me to use the grown up side of my brain. Best of all, I go for hours at a time without asking anyone if they need to poop.
4. We know we are going to Camp Lejeune next, and that it will be somewhere around late September and early October. That's the good news. The bad news is that I will be moving at 33/34 weeks pregnant and I don't actually have a house or apartment to move into. I'm not stressed about that. Not at all. Can't you tell?
5. I am promising to do better with my blogging. Considering that I haven't blogged since the end of April, that shouldn't be hard. But seriously, I am going to do better. Promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment