August 16, 2009

39 Weeks and other random thoughts from the weekend

Today marks the start of M's 39th week of life and he'll be 9 months old on Tuesday.  I could go on for hours about how I can't believe that time has gone by so quickly and that my heart breaks a little every time I see how un-baby he is these days, but whenever I get started I remind myself that I am so very, very lucky.  That I get to watch my son grow up everyday and that I have an opportunity to be a part of his daily growth and discovery of the world around him.  It doesn't get any better than that - not even when I compare it to his little newborn snuggles on my shoulder.

In other news, we are just about done our first weekend home alone in awhile.  It's amazing how much I am able to accomplish with out my husband underfoot, uh I mean helping.  The apartment is cleaned (as well as it can be given the boxes and other assorted aftermath of our failed move), the laundry is nearly done and I am actually sitting down to blog.  I had a crazy thought that maybe I would take M to the mall today to do some shopping for fall clothes, but thanks to my overly generous Mom and older sister M has plenty of new outfits to get him through the next few warm weeks.  So instead of the mall I am going to fill the kiddie pool and let Michael splash his weekend away.

One of the big strategies I've learned for keeping my sanity when doing the single parent thing is to cook as much food as I can in advance.  I'm about to throw some bbq chicken in the crock post (chicken breasts, Bone Suckin Sauce mix it together and let it sit on low for a couple of hours) and some zucchini and squash in the oven (cut them in slices, toss them with olive oil and assorted seasonings at 450 until they are done).  It makes dinner so much easier when I just need to heat something up real quick as opposed to having to actually cook anything from the start.  

And I am going to end this post of thoughts with a random confession - I can't wait to see Brian Boitano's new show on Food Network.  **hangs head in shame**

No comments:

Post a Comment